My family and I enjoy to travel to the Caribbean, especially the Bahamas. We have a timeshare at Harborside Resort on Paradise Island and visit the Bahamas once a year. Some of the things that attract us most to the Bahamas are:
- Friendly people - Everyone we've encountered on PI and New Providence has been respectful and courteous. (more on this later)
- The plane flight is relatively short for us. We typically leave at 6 a.m. and are at The Point restaurant eating lunch by noon.
- Economy - We've been there quite a few times. We know how to do it economically. It doesn't have to be expensive.
- Harborside has all the amenities of home. Kitchen, washer/dryer, stove, blender, utensils, pots, pans, etc. These things help keep the cost down.
- Weather - When weather.com says it's going to rain every day, it usually means a quick shower and not rain like we see in the northeast.
- Cool stuff to do - If you like casino's and tourist traps they have them. If you like uncrowded beaches and interaction with the locals you can get that too.
- The dollar is used interchangeably.
If you are looking for ways to save money, check out my tips on what food to bring to Harborside Atlantis.